Monday 29 September 2014

Law Lectures and Lacrosse

With the first day of lectures over, this year looks like it could be a lot of hard work. This may not be the worst thing ever if I can get into the habit of it as the work itself does also look quite interesting. I have to do a couple of core modules which seem ok but I got to choose one module so the freedom there means that I have been able to pick a module which particularly interests me.

The core modules are Public Law and EU Law and I have been forced to do Comparative public law alongside this all of which seem reasonably dull at times but I think they'll be alright. It's the module on the Law and Internet Commerce that I got to choose which interests me the most. This is because of how different it is to everything else. It is very much an independent research based module with barely any teaching throughout the entire semester, leaving a lot to the students to decide on. The essay question is also very broad which is nice because it gives me the freedom to do pretty much whatever I want to do with it.

I also have a german module to do which doesn't seem too bad. Just a lot of grammar which isn't the most exciting thing in the world, though we were told today that grammar isn't something to be afraid of...

Hopefully I can settle down into a routine of reading and studying for all of these modules and I am hoping that the Internet module will help with that as that is pretty much all based off my own work. 

Alongside my studies I am hoping to start playing Lacrosse which should be fun. I'm not 100% sure what I may have got myself into, having never played before, but that I suppose is part of the fun of it. It should also be good because not many people here have played it before therefore no one is expected to be any good so I might be able to get into a sports team for once! Hopefully this year will be the year I finally learn how to study properly and get good at a sport, either way it looks as if it'll be a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment