Sunday 29 June 2014

Summer break so far...

I had been meaning to put out another post a bit earlier but I have started work recently and that has taken up a lot of my time and I had not anticipated quite how tired it would make me which left me unable to do much in the evenings... (The world cup being on every night probably hasn't helped either.) However here I am again, not really sure what to write but here we go...

My job consists of receiving marked exam papers and then checking that the total marks that have been added up by the examiner are correct, exciting I know but it's money so I can't complain too much. The work is tedious but I have been listening to podcasts such as the BBC Radio 5 Live film review show and the +YoGPoD which have both kept me entertained while working, maybe a little too entertained as while listening to these through headphones I have occasionally had to consciously stop myself from laughing out loud, which is a lot harder than I was expecting it to be. 

I don't think I'd ever really appreciated weekends properly as I would always have homework or something like that to do once school got properly difficult, and since this job, which is 8:15-5, Monday-Friday with no work whatsoever on the weekend, I have realised how good weekends are. I can imagine that they can only get better as the length of employment increases as they only seem a little better than the week or so I had off in uni after my exams had finished. 

One annoying thing about living in Britain is that the weather can be very temperamental in that the weather changes from sunny to raining very quickly, this trend also seems to follow a pattern that it'll be really sunny during the week while everyone is inside doing work and then as soon as the weekend arrives tit'l decide to rain for a large proportion of the weekend. This is true of this weekend where it had been fairly sunny up until wednesday and thursday was dry, but overcast and Friday onwards has been raining on and off. This probably means that I'm not getting as much out of this weekend as I could have hoped, but then again the +Steam summer sale may also have something to do with that...

The summer looks ok once I have finished this six week long job, I am about to start my third week tomorrow so I am almost halfway which is a nice feeling and after that I have a fairly free summer but no money to be able to afford to do much, oh the joys of being a student!

Oh well, now that I know that i'll probably struggle for money next summer I can plan ahead and will hopefully be able to look forward to some form of holiday abroad... 

No comments:

Post a Comment